>> COMING SOON! <<
The Bakery Square Bike System will be available only to those affiliated with Carnegie Mellon University and Google.
Criteria for Eligibility
- Have a meeting or interview at Google Pittsburgh or anywhere at BKSQ.
- Be an enrolled student or faculty member.
- Have had a Google staff member as a professor or student advisor/mentor at any point.
- Have had a prior interview or have had previous projects with Google.
If you meet the above criteria print and complete the Bicycle Rental Agreement and bring to the Bakery Square front desk, then just follow these steps:
1. Sign Up at bikebksq.com
2. Take Bike
- Insert BIKEBkSq key into the reader slot at bike station to remove a BIKEBkSq bicycle. The signal light will turn yellow while validating the member’s key.
- Signal light turns green when the BIKEBkSq bicycle can be removed.
- Member has 15 seconds to remove bike before the dock locks. If dock locks before removal repeat the process again.
- Call 412-361-5115 with problems.
3. Return Bike
- Return bike to CMU or Google Station.
- Bike station closes at midnight, 12AM.
- Place front wheel FIRMLY into available bike dock.
- Green light flashes to confirm locking. Signal light turns red when bike is not securely docked. Repeat process if bike is not secure.
- Remember, you are responsible for the bike until it has been properly secured and registered in the system.
- Failure to return the bike within 48 hours results in a lost bike charge of $1,000.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-361-5115.
For your safety in case of an emergency while biking, please call 412-216-2054, or 911.